Monday, March 20, 2017

Zesty Tangerine and Banana Smoothie Bowl



Just like a smoothie, but thicker. and in a bowl.

I love my smoothies - I have them with protein powder for breakfast in the morning or with some ginger in the afternoon as a snack and energy booster. But once it starts getting warmer - I mostly like them a bit thicker and colder and... in a bowl. A smoothie bowl! Looks like ice-cream, tastes like ice-cream, but 10 x healthier and more nutritious. They are pretty quick and easy to make and you can create hundreds of varieties by adding different fruit and toppings. I am sharing one of my favourite recipes today - tangerine and banana smoothie bowl. I love it because it is not too sweet and the tangerines give it a nice zesty taste. 


Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Ingredients
1/2 frozen banana
2 tangerines, peeled
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp cacao nibs
1/2 vanilla  extract
1 tsp maple syrup
6 cubes of ice (add more if you want it even thicker!)

Optional:
1 scoop protein powder



DIRECTIONS
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients.
2. Blend until it gets smooth and creamy.
3. Pour maple syrup on top, sprinkle with coconut flakes or crushed nuts, add some pieces of fruit to your liking.


So simple, but so delicious! :)
Enjoy!



* * *


March 20, 2017 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad