Monday, February 20, 2017

Dark Chocolate-Dipped Clementines


Forget about chocolate strawberries, chocolate clementines are the new thing!
I don’t often get sugar cravings and when I do I typically crave donuts. Weird, I know. Also - not very convenient, because the closest Dunkin Donuts is a 10 minute drive and I am lazy. :) So I resort to making my own sweet treats and I also make sure they are a healthy alternative to what I am craving. 
I had a bunch of clementines that I decided to make use of. The recipe is super simple and you can add your own twist to it, by using different nuts and seeds.

Ingredients:
(makes around 35 - 40 “candies”)
4 clementines (the sweeter the better)
1 dark chocolate bar (I like the 99% cocoa)
3 tbsp crushed nuts (walnuts, cashews, almonds)
3tbsp sesame seeds
3tbsp coconut flakes
2 tsp coconut oil


Instructions:
1. Break the chocolate bar into smaller pieces and put it in a small pan at medium to low heat. Add the coconut oil and stir till it melts together.


2. Wait for the chocolate mixture to cool for just a minute and start dipping the clementines in it.
3. Next - dip each slice in either the seeds or nuts. The chocolate will make sure they stick well.


4. Once you are done with all the slices, put them in the fridge for half an hour so that the chocolate cools down.

Enjoy!



If you try these at home let me know how they turn out!
If you are looking for other healthy snack recipes - try out my 10-minute Peanut Butter Cookies recipe


* * *


SaveSave
February 20, 2017 / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

Post Top Ad