Friday, February 3, 2017

10-Minute Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies


Looking for healthy dessert options? I have a recipe for you!
I consider myself somewhat of a health nut, but I am also a strong believer in keeping a balanced lifestyle. So you will never hear me say “cheat day” or “cheat meal” - instead, if I feel I crave something, I don’t deprive myself - I simply try to find a healthier version of it! 
I was in the mood for peanut butter cookies recently (I LOVE peanut butter!), so I whipped up a batch of these super simple, super quick and easy to make cookies. They have NO refined sugar and NO flour. 
I workout everyday and need an extra serving of protein, so I added some protein powder to mine, but you can substitute that with coconut flour. 

Check out the full recipe for the healthy 10-minute peanut butter cookies below:


Ingredients:
(makes around 20 cookies)

1 egg
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
1/4 tsp salt
2 scoops (3/4 cup) protein powder OR 1/2 cup coconut flour


Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F ( 180 C). Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. I find it easier to mix the egg, salt and peanut butter first and then add the vanilla and flour/ protein powder.
2. Spray baking tray with coconut spray or place a baking sheet to keep cookies from sticking to it. 
3. Make little cookie dough balls and place on tray (Measure 1 tbsp of mixture for each cookie) Use a fork to flatten each ball or simply use your hand.
4. Bake for 10 to 13 min until the edges start to get brown
5. Store cookies in the freezer in an air-tight container so they don’t get soft. I also keep mine in the fridge, but be warned - they tend to crumble easily. :)

Enjoy! 




* * *


February 03, 2017 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad