Thursday, January 12, 2017

5-Minute DIY Lip Balm with 3 Ingredients

If anyone would ever ask what My Favorite beauty product is, the answer would have to be ‘lip balm’. Boring, I know.
I do tend to go through lip balms like there is no tomorrow! I practically eat them! Well, not literally, or at least – not since kindergarden, but you get what I mean: I get through them FAST!

I just scraped out the last remaining contents of my Maybelline Baby Lips (which, by the way, is one of the best drugstore lip balms I have tried!) and decided instead of going out and buying some brand name product to whip up some lip balm at home, DIY style.

It took me 5 minutes and 3 ingredients. And it smells divine.

You will need:
  • 5 teaspoons Vaseline (or beeswax if you prefer)
  • 3 teaspoons coconut oil
  • 5-6 drops essential oil (the more you add – the stronger the scent will be)
  • empty containers





1. Heat up the Vaseline and coconut oil
You can put the ingredients in a cup and microwave for a few minutes so they melt. If you go for Vaseline instead of beeswax keep in mind you will literally need not more than a minute for it to melt!
If you are like me and you believe microwaves are evil, so you refuse to own one – simply put a little bit of water in a saucepan, put a cup inside it and mix the ingredients in the cup, at the lowest heat setting.


2. Add the essential oil
You can put any essential oil you like – peppermint, lemon or lavender. Since it’s currently winter where I live and everyone around me is practically coughing their lungs out, I decided to go for the Doterra On Guard blend, as it is a powerful immune system booster. It is also zesty, which I quite enjoy in a lip balm.

YSL Rouge Volupte in Lingerie Pink



3. Add some tint (optional)
At this point I decided I fancied just a tiny bit of pink color, so I simply chopped down a little of my favorite baby pink lipstick and added to the concoction.






4. Pour into containers
Let it cool down for just a minute before pouring into container so that you avoid burning yourself. But don’t wait too long, as it tends to harden very quickly. Leave the containers in the fridge for few minutes to cool down faster.

 

















5. Slap on your lips
Thanks to the coconut and essential oils the lip balm will not only feel super soft on your lips, but it will also smell heavenly! Enjoy! :)

xoxo,

Rayap
January 12, 2017 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad