Monday, January 8, 2018

New Books on My Reading List




Happy New Year!

I took the first week of the new year off, so I could focus on myself and do some dreaming (aka goal setting), mind/body and soul detoxing and - catching up on reading.

Every year I set myself a goal in Goodreads (are you on it? let's be book nerd-friends!). Last year I wanted to read 57 books and achieved it on 50%. Ish. Well, ok, I failed. But I'm optimistic for 2018! This year I'm planning to read 50 books and thought I'd share some of the gems on my list with you. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 % Happier by  Dan Harris

What initially spiked my interest in this book is actually the meditation app it's named after (or is it vice versa?) It's so interesting to read about the motivation behind someone's decision to jump into spiritual practices and how meditation has impacted their life. It's not an instructional book on how to meditate, it's more of a memoir, so if you're looking for a guide to meditation, you better check out the app - 10% Happier.

Get the book HERE.

The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey

Time-management can be a challenge. What else is new? Juggling work and side hustles - it's hard to find the balance. Chris Bailey's book has some really helpful advice on boosting your productivity and making the most of your time. All from personal experience/ experiments. And he offers some very practical tips/experiments

Get the book HERE.

The Magic of Thinking BIG by David J Schwartz

This one is a classic in the self-help genre. The author talks about setting goals that seem borderline impossible to achieve (5 times bigger than and then shaking off all of our limiting beliefs and just going for them. In his own words:
"When you believe I-can-do-it, the how-to-do-it develops."
It all starts with starting to think of yourself highly and believing you are 5 times better then you give yourself credit for, because, well... - you are!

Get the book HERE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any book recommendations? What's currently on your list? Let me know!

xoxo 
Ray

January 08, 2018 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad