Sunday, April 2, 2017

Protein Powder and Banana Pancakes




just like a regular pancake, but gluten-free and full of protein
I have been obsessed with protein pancakes lately, because they are so healthy and delicious and - a serving of 2 fills you up for the whole morning! I love putting protein powder in my recipes, because I workout every day and being a pescatarian - I need an extra daily serving of protein. Protein shakes get a bit boring over time, so it’s good to mix it up a little, by incorporating it in muffin, cake or pancake recipes like this one!
It is a super simple recipe and you can add any toppings you like. I love maple syrup and fresh fruit on mine! 


Ingredients:
(makes 1 serving)
1/2 mashed banana
1 scoop protein powder
1 egg
2 tbsp almond (or coconut) milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground flaxseed

Toppings(of your choice): 
coconut flakes; fresh fruit - strawberries, blueberries; drizzle of maple syrup, agave or honey

Instructions:
1. Mash the banana with the almond milk
2. Beat the egg and add to the mixture
3. Add the protein powder, the flaxseed and cinnamon
4. Spray cooking pan with coconut oil and heat over medium-low (not too hot, or your pancakes will burn, before they cook!)
5. Pour batter, check on the pancake occasionally and flip when ready.
6. Top up with fruit and enjoy!

If you have any tried and tested protein powder recipes - I’d love for you to share them with me! Let me know in the comment section below!



* * *


April 02, 2017 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad