Monday, April 10, 2017

Raw Vegan Energy Balls



GUILT-free snack for those of us with a sweet tooth
I really don’t get sugar cravings very often, but when I do - I do my best to find a healthy option and not stuff my face with donuts. (I’ve done that before! Ate a whole box of 6. They were delicious and I thoroughly regretted it afterwards) It is not easy to find store-bought healthy snacks and desserts, so I just whip up my own. There are many different recipes for guilt-free sweet treats, but my favourite one so far is these raw vegan energy balls. They are packed with nutrients, taste delicious and take 10 min to make!


Ingredients
1 cup oats
4 dates, pitted
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract


optional (to roll the balls in)
coconut flakes
crushed nuts - walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews or almonds
sesame seeds


instructions
1. Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until chopped in fine pieces. Watch for the consistency - if it seems too dry and the mixture won’t stick together when you roll the balls - add a little bit more peanut butter. If it’s too soft - add a bit more oats.
2. Roll into small bite-sized balls.
3. Roll over crushed nuts, sesame seeds or coconut flakes to cover the balls.
4. Put in the fridge for 30 min to harden.

And enjoy! You can store the balls in the fridge for up to 5 days and enjoy them as breakfast bites or afternoon snacks. 

Let me know if you make these and tag me on instagram to see how they turned out! My instagram is Life.according.to.Ray

Happy Monday!

* * *


SaveSave
April 10, 2017 / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These look amazing :-) Could you please come to my house and make these? lol

    ~Laurali Star

    www.lauralistarxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! They're honestly sooo good! I am currently testing a recipe for raw vegan "Rafaelo's", so watch out for that one next! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad